Travelogues and Destination Features

Travelling is a passion I tightly hold on since my childhood and wish to, in the years to come. As a kid, I travelled with my parents and brother and post-marriage, I go on a holiday with my husband and often my parents or brother also accompanies us in the trip.

In the recent years, I have had the opportunity to visit “offbeat places” in leading tourist destinations – and most of these have been in Nilgiris (Ooty and around); Goa; Kodaikanal and Munnar. I have spent over 50 days in Kodaikanal (since 1996), over 20 days in Munnar (since 1997) and around 20 days in Ooty (since 1991).

Occasionally, I also take solo trips to local places in Kochi. During such tours, I have come across interesting people and stories. I dig out stories common men generally avoid or overlook. I am looking for selling some of these interesting travelogues and also features on destinations. I also have photos to accompany most of my trips.

Editors interested in discussing travelogues or destination features, drop in a line at resmi.writer@gmail.com. I am also available to work on commissioned travel writing assignments, for certain locations in and around Kerala and Tamil Nadu.

My travel writing credits includes Jetwings, Discover India (Media Transasia), Rediff, The Hindu, The New Indian Express, Coffee table book (to be published shortly by Kerala Tourism Department, Government of Kerala) apart from writing for 50+ other publications in India and abroad.

My brother, Roop Shaji, also goes on trekking in less-known areas and have a wonderful collection of photos. He has a stronger passion for photography – from his childhood, apart from his ability to run industries.

Whether you are looking for high-resolution images or travelogues or looking for experienced freelance writer or freelance photographer, as an editor, you know whom to contact!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seven Years of Freelance Writing

Parnasala, the fully bloomed white lotus - Emerges as a Kerala tourism destination